- Date: February 2012
- Duration: 1 week
- Currency: Costa Rican Colon
- Lasting impressions:
- One of the rare lazy vacations for me… tropical drinks, walks on the beach, swimming, fresh seafood, local wildlife. A wonderful place to unwind, sunbathe, and enjoy the lapping of the surf.
- Costa Rica has many cities and sights worth visiting, I certainly need a return trip.
- Tamarindo – 7 days
Getting there: Airplane from the US to Liberia, then 1.5 hour cab ride
- Tamarindo beaches, strolling the ocean at high noon or sunset, and admiring the sea creatures (including plenty of hermit crabs!) in the tide pools. There are plenty of places to grab a lounge chair and sip on a tropical drink while soaking up some rays.
- Local wildlife! You’ll see colorful birds, roosters, iguanas, geckos, monkeys, and more walking around town.
- ATV and Ziplining excursion, taking a van out to the countryside and then touring around the forest on ATVs and whizzing down ziplines through the trees. The guides were a hilarious bunch, sharing jokes and teaching us Spanish slang.
- Booze cruise, which sounds like something only college students enjoy, but keep an open mind! A surprisingly laid back and fun boating tour out on the ocean. Surprisingly not guaranteed to be teeming with rambunctious college kids. Recommended (but not required) to wait for the unlimited alcoholic drinks until AFTER the snorkeling portion. We spent the afternoon out on the water and enjoyed a return trip during sunset.
- Playa Conchal, a beach made up entirely of small white seashells.